Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Strong Willed Children

Hank loves cars! He makes this really cool vroom, vroom sound that no one can imitate no matter how hard we try. All of that to say, today, we had to go to CVS twice. The first time I was smart and took in our own car because CVS has strategically placed a giant display of cars by the buggies and check out counter. The second time I was not so smart. I forgot the car. My mistake was let Hank play with a car so I could shop in peace. After we checked out, I pried the car out of his hand and put it back. If the car was a $1 or $2, I would have just bought it, but it cost $5. He screamed and tried to climb out of the buggy to get the cars. CVS has no where to return the buggies outside and it was raining, so I asked Hank if he wanted to walk. He stopped crying and said, "uh, huh." I took him out and the bags, and put him on the ground. Before I could grab his hand, he took off running for the cars. I had to pick him up off of the floor where he was laying face down screaming because I wouldn't let him have a car. One man laughed and said, "He's gonna get his car." We get to the parking lot. The man in the car next to me rolls down his window and says, "Man, he's p - - - ed off ain't he." (I'll let you fill in the blanks.) The man was laughing like crazy as I wrestled Hank in the car seat. It really was funny.

On Saturday afternoon, Charlie and I put clean sheets on his bed, and I left him to take a nap. He never went to sleep, so about 45 minutes later I go to get him out of bed. When I got to his bed, I saw a puddle. Charlie is potty trained, but he wears a pull-up at nap time and bed time. I could not figure out how it happened unless the pull-up leaked. But the pull-up wasn't wet. Charlie purposely peed on the bed. I asked him why he did it, and he said, "ummmm, on purpose." Later, we were telling Marshall about it. Marshall said, "Charlie, why did you pee pee on your bed?" Charlie said, "Umm, I was naughty." Of course, Charlie had to sit in time out.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie & Hank must get that gene from the Manross/Marks side of the family. The mild mannered Fountain/Frost would NEVER pitch a fit or pee in the bed!!! HA! Oh wait, they did. What am I saying? they still do! (Pitch a fit, that is, I think we have the bed wetting under control.) LOL! : )

    ReplyDelete