Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Charlie's Car

This is a random box that made it to our house with leftover food in it. I was just waiting for Thursday recycling day to throw it out, but Hank and Charlie had other plans. Hank first liked it just for a chair. He thought it was a good recliner that was the perfect size.

Charlie started looking at the box, asked me if we could make it a car, and got his tool box. He asked me to get the tape, and we added headlights. He got stuff out of the cabinets (parchment paper, plastic bags, etc.) He worked very hard with these things and the tape. He said, "ummmm, still needs something else." He told me we needed a wheel. At first, I thought he said a whale, and I was obviously confused. Charlie said, "NO, a wheel." We made one out of a pipe cleaner and trash bag, but that wouldn't do. He had me opening cabinets until we found blue paper plate holders. We had to go back to get four more. We also had to make a place to put the keys. When Marshall got home, Charlie showed off his car, but told him that it still needed a door to open and close. After several trials, we finally came up with a door to meet Charlie's satisfaction. Finally, Marshall had to push Charlie around. The car broke and needed hot glue repairs. The hot glue is not holding to well either. So far, Hank can't get near it because he causes damage. The car sits on our dining room table.




1 comment:

  1. Great Job, Charlie, what a beautiful car. I especially like the blue wheels!
    Mam=ma

    ReplyDelete