Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Save Money!

For the past year, we have been doing The Grocery Game and saving money BIG!!! Now, I have been introduced to the Southern Savers site. One of the participants in Marshall's Financial Peace University class told everyone about this site. I gave it a look! Overall, I still prefer the nice organized efficient format of The Grocery Game, but Southern Savers is FREE! I love that on the Southern Savers site the CVS information is set up to help you maximize the bargains, gaining Extra Care Bucks, and spending Extra Care Bucks. I used the Southern Savers site today and spent $11 and gained $14.50 in ECB. Before I used my coupons, my total was $24.76. I have two more lists to go back to CVS this week. I should walk out with over $40 of merchandise for less than $5!

I have the links listed on my blog under Save Money.

A Few Tips
Don't get frustrated! They have done the work for you. NEVER cut coupons. Just collect the coupons and file them by the date they are in the paper. For example, today's coupons that I got out of the Sunday paper will be filed as 10/4. You will just cut the coupons you need when you need them. Don't print the entire list for the store. Select just what you want to buy and then print your shopping list.

Good luck! Let me know if you are successful or have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment