Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Recipe: Coca-Cola Chicken

We are in the midst of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace University transformation. Even though I know this is the best thing for us, sometimes, I swear DAVE is a bad four letter word. So we are doing a lot of things different including eating at home more. Our household can get CRAZY in a the blink of an eye which I have to admit is usually funny (afterwards,) but I am always looking for quick and easy recipes since I never know when chaos is going to hit. Two of my friends and I are doing a meal swap. Every week we prepare one meal that will feed three families. We freeze it and swap. You wouldn't believe how much money we save not to mention time. This past week, I made Coca-Cola Chicken. Here is my version of the recipe.

Ingredients
1 package of chicken legs (I also added 2 chicken breasts on the bone.)
1 cup Coca-Cola
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt

Mix coke, brown sugar, and salt. Pour over chicken in a 9x13 pan. I turned the meaty side of the chicken down to cook in the syrup. Cover and bake on 300 for 3 hours.

If you want to freeze, place chicken and syrup in a freezer bag. Thaw completely in the refrigerator before cooking. You can always add more syrup if it doesn't look like enough. Bake as directed above.

Very good served with Zatarain's cheddar broccoli rice, English peas flavored with chicken bullion, and Sister Schubert dinner yeast rolls (ready in 5 minutes.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy! I just made another great Coke recipe last week. You bake chicken breast with 1 Can of coke and a package of Lipton Onion soup mix. Bake for one hour. It is yummy (the boys ate it) and cheap!

    ReplyDelete