Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Case of the Broken Hanger

Tonight, Marshall and I are sitting on the floor putting pajamas on the babies. Hank walks up to me holding a broken plastic hanger. (Keep in mind that a broken plastic hanger is not a big deal. Hank made it a big deal.))

Hank: Charlie broke this. Charlie broke this Charlie broke this.

Me: Hank, go put it in the trash. Charlie how did the hanger get broken? Were you trying to be a ninja or power ranger?

Charlie is just looking at me in quiet silence. I was waiting for the whole story.

Charlie: I didn't do it. Hank is just trying to get me in trouble.

Me: Just tell the truth.

Charlie: I didn't do it. Hank is just trying to get me in trouble

Here comes Hank.

Me: Hank, how did the hanger get broken?

Hank: Charlie did it.

Me: Charlie said you did it.

Hank: (still walking and never hesitating) Oh, sorry.

Marshall and I look at each other trying not to laugh while telling Hank that it's important to tell the truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment